Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Music Children Can Move To!!



Children love music, and there is no shortage of great children's artists to choose from! I use music in ALL of my yoga classes, whether its a song to ease them into relaxation, an upbeat tune to dance to, or simply a peaceful melody playing in the background while we play yoga! After years of playing different artists and different songs for all of my classes, I have put together a list of all the favorites: theirs and mine! These songs are guaranteed to please!



Artist: Laurie Berkner

Album: Buzz Buzz

Songs: I really love to dance, Bumblebee, Popcorn calling me



Album: Victor Vito

Songs: Drive my car, I'm gonna catch you



Album: Victor Vito
Songs: Moon moon moon, The goldfish, I feel crazy so i jump in the soup



Artist: Greg & Steve



Album: Kids in Motion

Songs:Animal Action, The freeze,



Album:Kids in Action

Songs: The Way We Do It, Bop Till you Drop



Album: We All Live Together, Volume II
Songs: Listen & Move, Popcorn



Artist: Putumayo

Albums: ALL OF THEM! Putumayo is a collection of music from different cultures around the world.



Artist: Rockabye Baby

Albums: ALL OF THEM! Rockabye Baby albums offer lullaby renditions of music from The Beatles, Coldplay, U2, The Cure, and more!



All of these artists can be found online from Amazon.com, through iTunes, or check your local library! For those of you who may be unfamiliar with inter-library loan, most libraries have this program and it allows you to search the library database for the entire county, order any materials from any library and have it delivered to your library for free! I encourage you to check it out!



Enjoy!

No comments: